26 September 2011

Happy 1st Birthday to Our Ella Baby! {An Ice Cream Party: Part 1}

img_0326


{The Dessert Table}

I can NOT believe my Ella baby is already a YEAR old! Actually...as of now - she's 14 months! BUT I suppose its never too late to post party pics is it? Especially, pics of Ella's very FIRST birthday! I had so much fun putting this party together...all so that Ella can look back one day, see how much she is loved, & hopefully, feel very, very special! I just love her so much!


This is is only Part 1. I'll be sharing all the party decor/details in this post & the CUTEST photos of Ella & other family photos in Part 2! Can't wait for you to see.

All my inspiration came at once to me when I saw this cutest little ice cream party dress on Ebay made by Mud Pie. Seriously - so cute! This was all of TWO WEEKS before the party day. This seemed do-able! I found cute Martha Stewart ice cream stickers for the invites at Joann Fabrics and it was ON!



img_0298




img_0575




But, wait...one problem! How was I going to do an ICE CREAM dessert table without it all melting into one big mess? That's where I had to get creative!

First...I'm sure you've all seen Bakerella's adorable ice cream cake pops...(there was one dessert idea)...then the rest of the non-ice cream ice cream dessert ideas followed! I'm warning you though - I'm posting a LOT of pics! I still can't figure out how to manipulate them into a collage and look all cool and profesh...so I'm posting them individually. I hope you don't mind. :-)




img_0433

{The Cake}



Didn't it turn out just adorable? When I started this - I had no idea how it would turn out!! I knew that I wanted to make giant cake pop balls and stack them after dipping them in candy melts - but it took me awhile to figure out exactly HOW. Also - what the HECK was I going to use for the "cone" part of the ice cream cone? I happened to find this vase at Goodwill a few months ago ~ and after glancing at it while just sitting in my kitch ~ the idea just came to me to use it as the base! BRILLIANT. Also - a few nights before the party - a couple of my youth girls came over to help me bake! I was telling them my idea for the cake and one of them asked if I've ever seen Ace of Cakes. She said that he uses rice krispy treats as bases for tons of his stuff! So - she filled 3 different bowls up with packed rice krispy treats for me. (Thanks, Silja!!) I used cake ball filling to shape the rest of the balls & dipped them in candy melts. I did put a skewer right down the middle of all three balls to secure it. A little white frosting & a red m&m on top...perfect!! And it matched invite (of course!) :-)




{The Other Treats}


img_0329




Twist Cones {Chocolate Cupcakes baked in cones topped with vanilla & chocolate frosting}




img_0430




Cupcakes w/ Mini Ice Cream Cone Sugar Cookies





img_0436






img_0135




Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches {Cookies w/ Frosting in the middle}




img_0074





img_0082





Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops


img_0148




These are the ones I was talking about on Bakerella!




img_0056





Ice Cream Brownie Sundaes {Brownies topped w/ frosting & sprinkles}


img_0060





Haagen Daz Ice Cream Bars {Rice Krispy bars dipped in melted chocolate, sprinkled w/nuts & toffee bits}


img_0079




Ice Cream Cone Sugar Cookies




img_0438




img_0144





{The Drink Station}


img_0569




img_0565





{Other Decor}


img_0338

Yes, I totally painted this inset wall box bubble gum pink JUST for the party! The hubs didn't even think twice when he saw it - he knows me too well - haha! :-) The "awning" part is a one panel curtain that I took out of Ella's nursery window! :-) I rolled the curtain up using a long wrapping paper cardboard tube, then nailed the ends of the tube into the wall. Worked great!





img_0457





img_0454






img_0572





Since the dessert table was in our dining room...I needed some sort of lighting over the table. My idea was to find a scallopped shaped chandelier at Goodwill - and guess what - I found EXACTLY what I was looking for! BEFORE...this was a brown, super old-and-not-so-cute-chandelier... So I spray-painted it pink & attached the pink pom-pom trim with a hot glue gun. SO CUTE!




img_0155

I put my mom to work on this garland. It was made by just tying/knotting ribbon & tulle onto a longer horizontal ribbon. (Thanks, Mom!)





img_0153


The shelves that are on both sides of the dessert table I dragged out from my office (thank goodness they were already white & pink!) I put candy in white milk glass vases & compotes on each of the shelves & tied each with a pretty bow. In case you are wondering...I found all of my milk glass at Goodwill! :)




img_0158





img_0130




I hung these paper fans behind Ella's high chair to make the photos more festive. :-)




img_0097




img_0123




img_0099





img_0104




If you are wondering what the above photo is...I printed off one picture per month of Ella's first year ~ it was so special to see how she's grown and changed over her first year of life! I'm so glad I got this done. I was so crunched for time! It came down to doing this or making the dessert tags. I don't think anyone missed the dessert tags. :-)




A few more pics of the dessert table...



img_0083





img_0334




And a HUGE, GIGANTIC, BIG, I-couldn't-have-done-it-without-you-THANK YOU to my friend, Jenny Keller from http://www.jennycookies.com/! She made the most scrumptious cupcakes, the sugar cookies, the ice cream cone cake pops and the brownie sundaes for the dessert table! How sweet is that?? I also borrowed some of the poms from her, as well as the adorable candy jar stands in the pink box, the garland for the window, etc for the party. HELLO....SO SWEET of her to let me borrow everything!




She also took all the beautiful, priceless photos of the party as well - YES, SHE DOES DO IT ALL. THANK YOU, JENNY!




I hope you all enjoyed the the photos of Ella's 1st party! I can't wait to show you the rest of them (the family photos & the rest of miss adorableness-herself! I PROMISE I'll post them soon!




Thanks for stopping by!




love, naz

14 comments:

  1. Naz you never stop amazing me by the stuff you do!! I wish I could have been there for sweet Ella's first birthday but a little package is on it's way:) I cant believe how fast this year has gone by! Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah you went all out!!! THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Can I feature this party on my blog at http://kinderplays.blogspot.com/? I sure think this will amaze some Indonesian readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely party! So much inspiration. New follower from Pure Joy Events visiting from Kinderplays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY WOW! This party is seriously TOO stinkin' cute! New FAN and official follower here ;) How can you go wrong with oodles of ice cream inspired treats, milk glass, tulle and the helping hand of Jenny Keller??? She is one of my FAVE party girls! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! Love it! The birthday party was absoultely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL party, I loved every little detail! I would love to know where you got those pretty candy jars?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and I loved it! Really, what a perfection!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should try that next time. Ice party sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really a visual feast, and the icecream seems delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog and I loved it! Really, what a perfection!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...